Taney County Health Department offers Family Planning services in collaboration with the Ozark Area Community Action Corporation (OACAC) Family Planning. Through this partnership, we offer the services listed below.
Physical exams are performed by a licensed medical doctor. Our nurses are trained to provide sensitive education and counseling regarding family planning options.
Fees for medical services and contraceptives are on a sliding scale, based on income and ability to pay. Medicaid is also accepted. There is no age or marital restrictions for birth control or other services.
Clinics are scheduled weekly on a first come first serve basis. Please call
417-546-4725 or 1-888-707-4725 for additional information or to make an appointment.
ALL FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES ARE COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL.
- Routine gynecological exams, which include: pap smear, pelvic exam, breast exam, weight and blood pressure check, and hemoglobin (test for anemia).
- Screening and treatment of vaginal infections and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Pregnancy testing, counseling and referral.
- Training on self breast exams (Click here for Self Breast Exam Instructions)
- Education and counseling on birth control options
- Prescription and non-prescription birth control supplies
||Oral contraceptives (the pill), Depo-Provera (injection), the IUD (Intrauterine Device) by referral, and the diaphragm (these methods require medical exam)