Birth & Death Certificates
The Taney County Health Department offers same day printing of certified copies
of birth and death certificates. We are the local registrar for all births and deaths that occur in Taney County.
Certified copies of birth certificates for a person born in the state of Missouri after 1920 or for a death in the state after 1980 can be obtained from the health department.
The fees charged for Missouri certified birth and death certificates is on a per visit basis.
- A certified copy of a Missouri birth certificate costs $15.00.
- A certified copy of a Missouri death certificate costs $13.00 for the first copy and $10.00 for each additional copy at the same visit.
- Certificates are available at both Branson and Forsyth locations.
- Cash, personal checks, debit, and credit cards are accepted.
- Picture identification is required.
Note: Certain restrictions apply.
In order to obtain a birth or death certificate, visit either office location during regular business hours. Find the location nearest you.
For birth certificates prior to 1920 or death certificates prior to 1980, you must contact Bureau of Vital Records at the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.