Our dedicated and caring public health nurses are here to keep you and your family healthy and safe. That’s why we offer a wide range of nursing and clinical services. Visit with one of our nurses to find out how we can best serve you. Below are a few of the services we offer.
- Car Seat Safety
- Family Planning – Partnering with OACAC, TCHD holds family planning clinics monthly. Family Planning services include Wellness Exam, Birth Control and STD Testing. These services are available on a sliding fee scale.
- Immunizations (Adult, Child, Adolescent, and Travel)
- Pregnancy Testing
- Screenings and Tests
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Hepatitis Testing
- Tuberculosis Program
- Lab Services
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases and HIV/AIDS Screening
- Show Me Healthy Women (SMHW) – The SMHW program promotes early detection and screening services for women ages 40-64. SMHW provides clinical breast examinations, mammograms, and Pap tests for eligible women who participate in the program as well as diagnostic testing for women whose screening outcome is abnormal.
- WISEWOMAN (Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation) – WISEWOMAN is a heart disease prevention program for women age 40 to 64 and is part of the Show Me Health Women program. Contact us to schedule your screening for heart disease risk factors, lifestyle coaching, medical referrals, and follow-up services.
- Reportable Illnesses – Some diseases are a concern to public safety because of their contagiousness, severity, or frequency. These illnesses are taken very seriously and are required to be reported to your local public health agency by a health care provider. TCHD investigates, educates, and in some instances, treats these illnesses to keep the community healthy and safe.
To report a communicable disease complete the Disease Case Report Form and fax to 417-335-5727. To notify of a known outbreak or illness of concern contact 417-334-4544 ext. 590. Contact our emergency line for urgent reporting after hours 1-888-632-3602.
Contact us at (417) 334-4544 or (417) 546-4725 to learn more, or schedule your appointment.